Addy Night 2016 – American Advertising Awards, Mississippi Gulf Coast
What a night for #TeamFocus at the 2016 American Advertising Federation Gulf Coast Addy Awards.
The mission of the American Advertising Awards competition is to recognize and reward the creative spirit of excellence in the art of advertising. The American Advertising Awards is the advertising industry’s largest and most representative competition, attracting more than 40,000 entries every year in local AAF Club (Ad Club) competitions.
Our team takes great pride in the work we create for our clients, and at the Addy Awards, it’s a special honor to be recognized by our peers for that work. We also enjoy celebrating alongside the other creatives and agencies on our Gulf Coast, and after the 2016 awards night, there can be no doubt the Coast is a rich ground of creatives and agencies that span a myriad of industries, genres and companies.
For our night, The Focus Group was honored with 34 Addy Awards:
- 21 Silver Awards
- 11 Gold Awards
- 2 Best of Show Awards
- Silver Medal Award Winner – Cece Shabazz
The Silver Medal Award Winner recognizes an individual who has made outstanding contributions to advertising in furthering the industry’s standards, creative excellence and responsibility in areas of social concern. Well deserved for Cece, who is also a 2-time Addy Award Creative Director of the Year honoree, and it was a great way to start off the night’s ceremonies.
This year was a diverse year for our clients, The Focus Group was awarded recognition for 15 clients, and a Best of Show Award for our website – focusgroupms.com. Other award winners include:
- City of Pascagoula – Pascagoula Lighthouse Tourism Videos, Brochure “Only in Pascagoula”
- Corks & Cleaver – Weddings with a Taste – Service Sales Promotion
- Gulf Coast Business Council – Transforming Our Economic Future – Annual Report
- Gulf Coast Symphony – BBQ Under the Oaks – Poster
- Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport – Magazine Ads, Billboards, Social Media, Local TV, Integrated Campaign, Animation & Special Effects “That’s How We Fly”
- Humane Society of South Mississippi – Animated Stats Campaign
- Mississippi Power – Magazine Advertising “The Power of Collaboration”
- Mississippi State Port at Gulfport – Gantry Crane Commerative Coin, Commerative Poster, Welcome Back Chiquita, Integrated Branded Gantry Crane Campaign, Gantry Crane Illustration, Port of Gulfport Logo Design
- National Diabetes & Obesity Research Institute – NDORI Corporate Design
- Ocean Springs Garden Club – Monarch Butterfly Illustration, The Mystical Monarch Poster
- Pandion Ridge Luxury RV Resort – Logo Design
- South Mississippi Electric Power Association – Staying Power – 2016 Annual Report
- Southeast Commercial Real Estate – Website
- Stone County Hospital – Website
- The Peoples Bank – Commercial “Always More Than Banking”
Along with our Best of Interactive Award for our website, we also were recognized with a Best of Broadcast Award for our FLYGPT commercial, “That’s How We Fly”
Thank you to our clients for trusting The Focus Group. Here’s to an even better 2017.