Director of Account Services
Favorite 5-Syllable Word
What I’m good at: Strategy for Tourism Marketing, Food & Beverage, Health Care, Real Estate, Banking, Economic & Community Development, Business Development, Advocating for Clients.
What I really do: I’m an organizer of chaos, client dreams and expectations. And I’m also the filler of the company candy bowl.
Brands I’ve helped: Wild American Shrimp / American Shrimp Processors Association, Mississippi Hospitality & Restaurant Association, Greenwood Convention & Visitors Bureau, Tradition master planned community, Gulf Regional Planning Commission, Hancock Chamber of Commerce, City of Diamondhead, City of Pascagoula, Mississippi Power Economic Development, Global Financial Aid Services, Harrison County Development Commission, Charter Bank, Stone County Hospital & Nursing Homes.
Awards I’ve won: Sun Herald’s “Top 40 Under 40”, Outstanding Young Careerist by Mississippi Business & Professional Women’s Association, Outstanding Regional Chariman by the International Council of Shopping Centers and Outstanding Board Member by the Boys & Girls Club of the Gulf Coast.
How I give back: First and foremost, I’m a lover of furry, four-legged friends and a mother to two children – that each have two legs. I not only make dinner, but I also feed creative souls, although not with Mac N’ Cheese from a box. In addition, I help local non-profits and small businesses with marketing.
- Bachelor of Arts in journalism, emphasis in advertising/public relations, from Louisiana State University
- Biloxi High School honors graduate
- More than 25-year advertising and public relations veteran working closely with teams, ensuring clients’ needs are clearly communicated, and expectations are exceeded and accomplished within budget, in fields ranging from healthcare to banking to tourism.
- Lead account executive and public relations strategist for healthcare-related clients such as the National Diabetes & Obesity Research Institute (NDORI), Mississippi Senator Brice Wiggins, chair of the Senate Medicaid Committee and Vice Chairman of the Senate Public Health Committee, and rural healthcare providers such as Stone County Hospital.
- Extensive print and broadcast media contacts in Jackson and across Mississippi, including those covering public policy, healthcare and business topics.
- Vice president of sales and marketing, Tradition master-planned community, overseeing all advertising, public relations, events, social media and online activities for the 4,800-acre master-planned community; created and implemented an extensive multi-media branding campaign, including new print and TV ads, a website, collateral and new social/interactive elements; handled all media buying and placement.
- Certified economic developer (CEcD) and former real estate broker; featured columnist and speaker on regional economic trends; and implemented numerous marketing campaigns for economic development agencies and convention and visitors bureaus.
- Commercial development manager, Harrison County Development Commission
- Manager, MS Gulf Coast Retiree Partnership (retiree recruitment initiative)
- Communications manager, MS Gulf Coast Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Communications manager, Baton Rouge Convention & Visitors Bureau
HONORS / COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- “Top 10 Under 40,” The Sun Herald
- “Outstanding Young Careerist,” Mississippi Business & Professional Women’s Association
- “Outstanding Board Member,” Boys & Girls Club of the Gulf Coast
- Leadership Gulf Coast graduate
- Graduate, Gulf Coast Business Council’s Masters Class
- Planning committee, “GleeFul Celebration,” Biloxi Little Theatre, with proceeds benefiting University of Mississippi Medical Center & Dr. Hannah Gay’s research into cures and treatments for paediatric AIDS and HIV.