Are you our next rising star?
We are one of the best and brightest, strategic, digital, advertising, marketing communications, PR companies in the South. Just in the past two years, our talented team has won 71 local and regional Addy Awards and 14 top PR awards from the Southern Public Relations Federation (SPRF) and Public Relations Association of Mississippi. With each hire we make, we try to identify the most talented individuals possible to help us grow and keep our clients on the cutting edge. Take a look at the jobs below and send us a cover letter and resume if you think you have what it takes.
Full-Stack Website Developer
We have a growing web development department and are seeking an additional developer. Our ideal candidate is an advocate for great user experience, has strong collaborative skills, and is organized and methodical. Theideal candidate can demonstrate strong experience with web programming and WordPress and is able to troubleshoot issues and deliver solutions. Working within the creative department offers opportunities for this developer to assist designers and offer strategy.
- Collaborate with the creative team from start to finish on web development projects
- Code custom websites with the latest technology with UX, function, and security in mind
- Maintain current, live websites safely and without supervision
- Give input on architecture, user-experience, content strategy, and design
- Capable of bringing a design to life with code
- Work and manage DNS records for various websites
- Communicate effectively to team and clients
- Self-motivated to keep up with latest trends and best practices for web
- Troubleshoot and problem solve
- Experience coding websites from start to finish
- MySQL and ability to work with control panel and DNS records
- Ability to work and integrate APIs, libraries, and frameworks
- SVG animation is a plus
- Application (mobile or web) programming is a plus
A portfolio, Github profile (or similar such as Codepen), or personal website showcasing previous work is preferred.
Compensation based on experience and potential.
DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER
The Focus Group is growing, and we are looking for a motivated, passionate, knowledgeable Digital Marketing rock star, who wants to make an impact for our agency and our clients. We have a positive, collaborative environment and are on the cutting edge of creativity, digital strategies and tactics.
We seek a candidate with demonstrated experience and case studies working directly in digital with current, working knowledge and a successful track record with all aspects of digital marketing and media placement — to include data-driven targeting, programmatic ad buys, geofencing, email marketing and use of email databases, SEO, SEM, pixel placement, analytics/reporting, real-time monitoring and more. Candidate needs to have current knowledge of multiple digital strategies, tactics, current algorithms and best practices. Knowledge of web development a plus but not required.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with content marketing techniques and best practices
- Experience analyzing performance metrics along with developing client reports for all platforms
- Natural curiosity and ability to formulate content for a variety of clients
- Comfortable meeting with and working clients, explaining the sometimes complex digital space in ways the client can understand.
- Self-motivated, driven, ability to work independently and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines effectively.
Education and Experience: BA/BS in Integrated Marketing Communications, Mass Communications, Marketing or similar.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a digital agency or in a digital marketing role in an agency or corporate environment (or equivalent).
- Google Partner certification and/or other similar certifications a plus.
Compensation based on experience and knowledge.
Are you an upcoming or recent grad and looking to get a few months of experience in an agency setting? Or maybe you want to take a semester off and work in an agency environment. If so, we can put you to work in a variety of areas. We are taking applications. Send us your pitch as to why we should hire you as one of our next interns.