Are you our next rising star?
We are one of the best and brightest digital, advertising, marketing communications, PR companies in the South. In the past two years our talented team has won 71 local and regional Addy Awards and 14 top PR awards from the Southern Public Relations Federation (SPRF) and Public Relations Association of Mississippi. With each hire we make, we try to identify the best individuals available to help keep us and our clients on the cutting edge. Take a look at the jobs below and send us a cover letter and resume if you think you have what it takes.
Digital Marketing Specialist
We are growing and are looking for a motivated, passionate, knowledegable Digital Marketing Specialist looking to make an impact for our agency and our clients. We have a positive, collaborative environment and are on the cutting edge of creativity, digital strategies and tactics.
We seek a candidate with at least 3-5 years of experience working directly in digital with current, working knowledge and a successful track record with all aspects of digital marketing and media placement — social media (growing and engaging audiences), display advertising, including programmatic and campaigns, email marketing, SEO, SEM and more Candidate needs to have current knowledge of multiple social media and other digital platforms and current algorithms. The ideal candidate will also have knowledge of best digital and social media practices, front-end web development and digital media production in all formats along with knowledge and skills with CMS website platforms like WordPress.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with content marketing techniques
- Experience analyzing performance metrics along with developing client reports for all platforms
- Track record of developing creative content and successful strategies and tactics
- Natural curiosity and ability to formulate content for a variety of clients
- Comfortable meeting with and working clients, explaining the sometimes complex digital space in ways the client can understand.
- Self-motivated, driven, ability to work independently and good attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines effectively.
Education and Experience: BA/BS in Integrated Marketing Communications, Mass Communications, Marketing or similar.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in a digital agency or in a digital marketing role in a corporate environment.
- Experience with or working knowledge of general web development specifically working knowledge of CSS and HTML/HTML5
Compensation based on experience.
PUBLIC RELATIONS SPECIALIST
We are looking for a motivated public relations professional with at least 3-5 years of experience to join our team. This person needs to be an expert at persuasion through all forms of media, social media, printed, events, relationships and other strategic communications. We want both a savvy and proven storyteller who likes working with and understanding the challenges of a variety of clients to help protect, build or enhance their reputations, shape their image, finding positive messages and turning those into positive stories.
This professional also needs to understand and have experience when the news is bad — formulating the best responses and helping mitigate the damage when a crisis or negative situation arises.
The ideal candidate must have excellent written and oral communcations skills and will need to provide samples of previous work.
Other job duties:
- Write and distribute press releases
- Write speeches
- Write pitches about companies and products and work with journalists to get coverage
- Create and execute special events
- Conduct market research on clients, their competitors, their markets, to formulate messaging
- Expand of business contacts through personal networking and attending events
- Write and blog for the web for both The Focus Group and clients
- Crisis PR
- Social media promotions and handling of negative online opinions or comments
- Analytics and measurement of media coverage
Education and Experience: BA/BS in Public Relations, Integrated Marketing Communications or Mass Communications
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in a public relations role for an agency or in a corporate environment
- Experience with or working knowledge of all social media and newswire services and other information dissemination methods
Compensation based on experience.
Are you graduating from college in December and looking to get some experience in an agency setting? Or maybe you want to take a semester off and work in an agency environment. If so, we can put you to work in a variety of areas. We are taking applications for the Spring semester. Send us your pitch as to why we should hire you as one of our next interns.