Are you our next rising star?
We are one of the best and brightest, strategic, digital, advertising, marketing communications, PR companies in the South. Just in the past two years, our talented team has won 71 local and regional Addy Awards and 14 top PR awards from the Southern Public Relations Federation (SPRF) and Public Relations Association of Mississippi. With each hire we make, we try to identify the most talented individuals possible to help us grow and keep our clients on the cutting edge. Take a look at the jobs below and send us a cover letter and resume if you think you have what it takes.
Social Media Strategist
About the Position:
The Focus Group is an award-winning, full-service advertising agency with local, national and international experience, based in Biloxi, MS. We are seeking a creative, forward-thinking, and organized social media strategist to join our growing team.
The Social Media Strategist will administer the social media marketing and advertising for all client accounts. This position will be responsible for developing and implementing social media marketing and advertising strategies that align with our clients’ business goals, as well as monitoring and analyzing campaign data to draw actionable insights. Candidates must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, data-driven environment and stay abreast of leading industry news/social media trends at all times, testing new strategies, content, and campaigns. Candidates also understand and must be willing to work some nights and weekends to effectively manage various client campaigns on an as needed basis. A strong work ethic, communication, and organizational skills are imperative for this role.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Planning, strategizing, and goal setting in conjunction with clients and key internal stakeholders
- Building and executing social media strategy through research, benchmarking, messaging, and audience identification
- Tracking and analyzing social media metrics and other analytics reports to gain insight on traffic, demographics, and overall campaign effectiveness
- Researching and reporting on all current and emerging social media trends
- Working with content producers and art directors to provide oversight of all content curation, creation/copywriting, editing, and scheduling
- Monitoring and responding to user-generated content and messages appropriately, based on company and community policies, to help assist in customer service and brand/reputation management for all clients
- Managing all social media campaign budgets
- Creating and maintaining social media pages and profiles
- Providing support to other team members on various projects, as needed
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, advertising, communications, or related field
- 2+ years of digital marketing and social media experience
- Familiarity with the business applications of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc.), as well as various media marketing/reporting tools
- Solid understanding of social media metrics and data analytics
- Basic SEO/SEM knowledge and familiarity with Google Analytics
- Visual intelligence for design & multimedia production as it relates to content creation
- Strong written & verbal communication, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications and design software
Compensation will be based on experience and potential. All applicants are required to submit a case study on a social media campaign they have managed from start to finish.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and case study/portfolio to: email@example.com
Full-Stack Website Developer
We have a growing web development department and are seeking an additional developer. Our ideal candidate is an advocate for great user experience, has strong collaborative skills, and is organized and methodical. Theideal candidate can demonstrate strong experience with web programming and WordPress and is able to troubleshoot issues and deliver solutions. Working within the creative department offers opportunities for this developer to assist designers and offer strategy.
- Collaborate with the creative team from start to finish on web development projects
- Code custom websites with the latest technology with UX, function, and security in mind
- Maintain current, live websites safely and without supervision
- Give input on architecture, user-experience, content strategy, and design
- Capable of bringing a design to life with code
- Work and manage DNS records for various websites
- Communicate effectively to team and clients
- Self-motivated to keep up with latest trends and best practices for web
- Troubleshoot and problem solve
- Experience coding websites from start to finish
- MySQL and ability to work with control panel and DNS records
- Ability to work and integrate APIs, libraries, and frameworks
- SVG animation is a plus
- Application (mobile or web) programming is a plus
A portfolio, Github profile (or similar such as Codepen), or personal website showcasing previous work is preferred.
Compensation based on experience and potential.
Are you an upcoming or recent grad and looking to get a few months of experience in an agency setting? Or maybe you want to take a semester off and work in an agency environment. If so, we can put you to work in a variety of areas. We are taking applications. Send us your pitch as to why we should hire you as one of our next interns.