Favorite 5-Syllable Word:
What I’m Good At: Managing, Visioning, Leading, Motivating, Teaching, Strategic Thinking, Creative Concepting, Problem Solving, Being Resourceful.
What I Really Do: Lead and manage the company to always be growing in all areas— new business, new technology, new services, new people, new systems — while never sacrificing quality, customer service and attention to the details. I like keeping in touch with all of our clients’ work so I can contribute creative and strategic thoughts when possible.
How I Give Back: I served as a member of the Biloxi School Board for eight years and have served as President of the PTA for North Bay Elementary, secretary of the Biloxi High Diamond Club, a member of Biloxi High Football, Softball, Volleyball and Basketball booster clubs, the Big Red Athletic Foundation, Sunday school teacher for Episcopal Church of the Redeemer.
Recognition Received: Hall of Fame, University of Mississippi; “Volunteer of the Year” for the City of Biloxi
All-Time Favorite Saying: “Strategic, creative solutions are an economic multiplier.”
- Bachelor of Arts in Journalism, Cum Laude, University of Mississippi; Minors in Art and University Scholars; Hall of Fame.
- More than 35-years experience as a marketing, PR, media and communications professional.
- Responsible for management, growth, direction of The Focus Group since 2011.
- Served 19 months in 2016-2017 as CEO of New Media Lab in Oxford, Mississippi, parent company of HottyToddy.com (24/7 digital news organization) and Experience Oxford Magazine, including all social and digital strategies.
- Directly responsible for the American Shrimp Processors Association/Wild American Shrimp account at The Focus Group since 2013, leading all aspects of the campaign including research, strategy, direction, creative, messaging, public awareness, events and other tactics.
- While at New Media Lab, Allison was also responsible for successful startup of the National Graphene Association and GrapheneEntrepreneur.com, developing all branding, mission, memberships, messaging, Public Relations along with social and digital strategies.
- Adjunct Professor at the University of Mississippi capstone “Campaigns” class in the Integrated Marketing Communications program in 2016 in the Meek School of Journalism & New Media.
- Owned and operated successful marketing communications firm Buchanan Group Marketing, Communications, Design in Biloxi for 20 years prior to The Focus Group.
- Former product line manager, Ecolab (Fortune 500 company), St. Paul, Minn.
- Led the $68-million Specialty Products category; responsible for hand soaps and hand sanitizer category for institutional and healthcare markets and also developed, launched and marketed the widely used (worldwide) Oasis cleaning products system.
- Former national director of sales and marketing, director of marketing communications and a regional sales representative, Berkshire Corporation, Great Barrington, Mass. to Asia and Europe to market the company’s products and train distributors
- Former account manager, Pillsbury Corporation.
- Served on the Biloxi School Board for 8 years until 2016, active in community, serving on a variety of boards and as a volunteer Biloxi Schools booster clubs.