Director of Interactive & New Media
Before joining The Focus Group, Thomas was a member of the MPB public relations and communications department where he implemented initiatives across mpbonline.org that resulted in significant traffic gains and increased MPB’s online brand. Thomas accomplished this by being adept with current and emerging social platforms including YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, Reddit, Foursquare and more. From 2011-2012, Thomas hosted a weekly radio segment on MPB’s statewide radio network titled “Everyday Technology,” where every Monday he would discuss technology’s latest trends and breaking news with Kevin Farrell
In 2011, Thomas completed his Master of Arts degree in mass communications at The University of Southern Mississippi. His thesis, “The Viral Fingerprint: A Content Analysis Of Popular Viral Advertisements,” is currently being published, and Thomas was asked to present his research at the 2012 Southern States Communication Association’s annual meeting in San Antonio.
In 2010 Thomas was nominated by his
In 2009 he was one of ten grant awardees from the Corporation for Public Broadcasting to host a public media camp in Mississippi. The event included more than 70 attendees with representatives from NPR, Ole Miss, Southern Miss, Mississippi State, commercial media and media enthusiasts from across the state.
Thomas is also available to come and speak to your group about social media, online marketing and any other topic on emerging technology. Here’s where he’s been in 2013:
- “Trends for 2013″ – Mississippi Power: Economic Development Division
- Social Media Round Table – Ocean Springs Chamber of Commerce
- “Digital PR and Media Landscape” – Collegiate PRAM
- Professional Development Website Seminar – Gulf Coast Chamber of Commerce
- “Social Media Trends” – Jackson State University
- “The Landscape of Digital Media” – Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International: Gulf South Chapter
- Marketing and Advertising as a Profession – North Gulfport 8th Grade Career Fair
- “The Good, The Bad, The Bankrupt” – Biloxi Rotary Club